Monday 21 July 2014

Dear July: Week 3 // Beaches, Hiking, and Garage Sales

Dear July,

You know that feeling on Christmas eve or before an exam or a big trip when you're trying to fall asleep and your mind is playing loops of possibilities over and over again behind your eyes? Yeah. That's you. I just feel like there's so much about to happen, like I'm standing on the edge of a precipice looking down into the chasm. I'm a pile of potential energy at the top of my pendulum's swing and I can feel that in a matter of moments I will be crashing through August and into September with a fire under my heels.



July, I am so happy to be back home. You have brought garage sales and seawalls and treasures and the people I love so much.
Sea Tea Cafe

I find myself at a loss for words, July, because the photographs speak for themselves. Thank you for swimming in the ocean with my mum, your hot sunshine heating the waves to a bearable temperature.



Thank you for poetry slams and sipping chai tea lattes outside when it's sold out.
Thank you for an interview for a job in Dunbar followed by a sunset stroll by Kits beach. You remind me of my luckiness to live here and the sheer beauty in all that surrounds me. I promise to look up more often, July.




July, one of the things I missed the most in Paris was Lighthouse Park, for some reason. So my joy was incomparable when my mum and I finally hiked up to the lookout point with a picnic this week. 

We chased the sunset around to the next point and were rewarded with this:



July, thank you for giving me a mother who takes me out to breakfast at my favourite cafe (Cafe Deux Soleils on commercial) before my first day at work.


I am so lucky.




garage sale treasures

Thank you July. For days at Wreck Beach with my best friend, huge waves colliding into me and pulling me under. For everything. That is all I can say right now.

Love always,
Coral



No comments:

Post a Comment