Sunday 20 October 2013

Cemeteries and Montmartre (Ft. Thunderstorms)

Hello lovely humans,

Today was a wonderfully accidental perfect day. It started with me rolling out of my extra comfy futon around 12:45 pm after a lovely night with two of my favourite people in Paris, making a very delicious bowl of muesli with kiwi, plum, and mango, and then heading to my host family's apartment to print off my Edinburgh boarding passes (!!!!). After, I headed over to Pere Lachaise to meet some friends and revel in the last few days of October in Paris (my new favourite thing). The cemetery is stunning in the fall, well probably all times of year, but there's something about the way the leaves swirl around the headstones and the way the branches arc against the grey sky. We strolled through the graves for a couple hours before heading to Montmartre.







At Montmartre, we strolled through windy cobbled streets and, yes, we caved and got pumpkin spice lattes.







Right before I headed home, the sky opened up to thundershowers. It was amazing, and so typically Parisian as the streets glimmered under sheets of rain. I couldn't help grinning like a crazy person.





The 6pm lighting gave the rain-drenched streets the prettiest, ethereal glow.



My neighbourhood!





My building. Note that my apartment is in the old servant's quarters, the fifth floor, which you can't actually see looking at the building. No, I don't live behind the sweeping curtains beckoning you inside with a warm ambient glow.


All in all, it was a really nice unexpectedly perfect day before I leave for Scotland tomorrow. I am presently freaking out over my decision to just take a carry on, and Ryan Air's cabin restrictions are not the nicest. I'm seriously considering leaving this beastly computer behind... could I live without internet and word processor for a week?

Love always,
Coral

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can live without your computer for a week <3 Do it! We have the number of the hostel, you have ours and you can always use an internet cafe! just don't forget a notebook for writing!

    ReplyDelete