Tuesday 11 March 2014

perks of studio living

I thought I would be wildly claustrophobic living in a fifteen square meter apartment.
I sometimes am.
But, the optimist that I am (sometimes), I have decided to compile a list of the perks of living in a closet.

1. A cup of tea is never more than ten steps away. No more running upstairs to fill the kettle, then awkwardly hovering while it boils, or leaving the room and missing it pop, and we all know how irritating it is to have to re-boil a kettle.

2. On that note, cooking is made much easier when you can practically cook pasta from your bed. Well, not quite that cozy, but not having to run up and down stairs or jaunt from room to room while your pasta boils over is quite nice.

3. The temperature is easily regulated. One space heater makes the whole place nice and toasty and opening the two windows freshens out the whole apartment.

4. I am constantly surrounded by things I love. Because of the tiny space, I am forced to prioritize the knick-knacks I have on display. And because I can see the majority of my home from my bed, I need only glance to this wall or that to see the letter my best friend wrote me when I left, the maps I've accumulated from my travels, the LPs I brought with me, or the countless cards and photos I have hung from a string with clothespins.

5. Cleaning is a breeze. Half an hour flat. A dustpan and brush here, a swipe of a cloth there, a tidy over here... and presto. From landfill to pristine with minimal energy expenditure.

I love my home, I really do.

It will be sorely missed.

Love always,
Coral














No comments:

Post a Comment