Tuesday 24 September 2013

Colds and Eiffel Tower Nights

The past two days have involved a lot of nose blowing, sneezing, sore throats and sore heads.
I decided to brave the sickness last night and go to the Eiffel Tower with some friends to watch it sparkle.
It was a beautiful night, but quickly turned disastrous.
I will show you the beautiful part first:









We drank wine by the Seine as the Tower sparkled and the night was clear and the moon was bright.

Then I went home.
Disaster A: I got lost transferring from an adjacent station to St. Lazare station, and found myself lost in a completely unfamiliar area of Paris. The waiter I asked for help was less than helpful, just saying TOUT DROIT, TOUT DROIT MADAME, which makes no sense in a city that doesn't comprehend straight lines.
With a sigh of relief I spotted the station, and ran inside to catch my train that was scheduled to depart in five minutes.
Disaster B: Once inside, my heart sunk as the TV screen declared that my next train would be departing at 5:31 am. Not 12:31 am. OKAY. So I hopped on a different train that would drop me off at a station 20 minutes of a walk from my place, on which there was a giant teddy bear.


Disaster C: Once off the train, my phone was at 10% battery, it was pitch black, and my maps app wasn't working. So I asked a construction worker who pointed me in the wrong direction, wandered around completely panicked for five minutes which felt like five hours, then my maps app decided to work. I found myself on a familiar street and wished I had just stayed tucked up in bed.

There isn't much more comforting than finding your street after being lost at one in the morning with a bad cold.

Last night involved very little sleep and a lot of nose blowing, so today involves a lot of music, tea, and bed rest.

Living alone whilst sick sucks a lot.

Love always,
Coral




1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of hugs and love from home. So proud of you for finding your way back home :) Now rest up and get better. Plenty of time for partying <3 'Keep calm and stay tucked up in bed " Love you xx

    ReplyDelete