Tuesday 3 September 2013

This Too Shall Pass

This phrase is what I need today.

It goes for all things.
Yes, it's most commonly used for the adverse in life. Tears will pass. Sadness will pass. Heartache will pass. Anger will pass. Situations will pass.
I do repeat that mantra to myself when I remember and when I need to hear it and when I need hope that what I'm feeling isn't forever.
That I have my share of sunrise and darkness is necessary.
That ripping off the bandaid is a part of life and once I am thrown into the deep end I will begin to learn how to swim.

But it also goes for the good things.
Lovers will pass, friends will pass, adventures will pass, good days will pass, years in paris will pass. Everything is fluid, everything is changeable, everything has its end.
So while remembering that bad days will pass, that pain will pass; remember that good things will pass along with each new season of adventures and each new tide of emotions.

This too shall pass.

Whatever you're experiencing, be it good or bad, it will pass. It will end.

I think this is one of the most useful thoughts because it is this multifaceted tool, it not only allows you hope in dark days but the reminder to live in the good ones because they are not forever.

Today isn't a good day. It's not terrible either, but it isn't great.
It happens.
Even in the city of light, darkness happens.
My friend said something to me this morning. He said that there are going to be bad days and good days no matter where you are and who you are with and what you're doing. He said to drop expectations because expectations are bred from the story of one person, that the time of my life may not be where the time of theirs was.

And that's okay.

Life is about exploring, and how will you know where the time of your life is going to happen if you don't explore?

This too shall pass.

Thanks for being the best.

Love always,
Coral

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to the picnic on the weekend, you never know who you might meet <3 My heart is with you always <3

    ReplyDelete