Thursday 26 September 2013

Focusing on the Little Moments

Happy Little Au Pairing Moments:

-when la fille helps le garcon play piano



-picnics



-biking through a park, a total escape from the city



-when les enfants help unload the dishwasher (with prying), clear their plates (little prying), clear the whole table, and set up the next morning's breakfast (no prying whatsoever, I must be doing something right).
-bedtime stories
-when le garcon reads his French book with his French accent
-when I actually help le garcon with a French word
-when I discovered le garcon doodling love notes to his amoureuse (writing this feels like a betrayal to our pinky promise that I wouldn't tell anyone about it)
-when time goes by quickly wrapped up in a board game
-the nostalgia and weirdness of their childhood being so similar to mine in some aspects (bike rides, dance and judo classes, Clue, Monopoly, Uno, and hauntingly similar storybooks)
-the friendship bracelet la fille gave me
-when le garcon writes in his journal that I am amongst his favourite nounous

These moments keep me going.

Love always,
Coral





1 comment: