Tuesday 13 August 2013

England Day 6: Shopping, Banks, and Fireworks!

Hello all,

My nerves are a little frayed at the moment. Had a lovely day out shopping with the auntie and cousin, and bought some really nice things at some awesome sales. Bought from River Island (personal UK fav), Primark, H&M, and The Body Shop.
I had looked online last night to see if my TD Visa Debit card would work at POS/ATMs overseas, and their website informed me that yes, the new cards did allow this awesome feature. Relieved and excited, I tested out my debit card as I bought a Costa Coffee latte, and low and behold, it worked!!!! I was so relieved.
Following my caffeine boost, we ventured into my favourite UK shop aside from Primark: River Island. They have an awesome sale on at the moment so I found these really cute tops:




 And proceeded to pay for them with my shiny debit card. NOOOOOOO I thought as I tried multiple times to no avail... my card didn't work!!! Luckily I had a few pounds cash in my wallet so I paid using that and went on to try my card somewhere else in case it was a problem with their machine. So I loaded up at Primark, buying:











And warned the lady that my card may not work. She called over her supervisor who declared happily: "Yes, that should definitely work!", restoring my hope.
So she rung through my purchase (which came to a delightful 22 pound 50), and YIPPEEEEE!!! My card worked. I proceeded to shop at H&M:



(and a very super secret present for the husband)


And to buy a tea and DELICIOUS pasty. Yum. I was refueled and ready to go, so I went into The Body Shop to purchase Satsuma Body Butter




and Tea Tree Body Wash

and went to the front with my lovely debit card, only to have my heart sink in dismay as it was not accepted. My problem only got worse as I tried to withdraw cash from ATMs, none of which worked. I am now completely stumped as to how to get money, which is quite disconcerting.

Anyways, that put a bit of a damper on my day, but I am trying to focus on the positive and it really was a lovely day.
Excited for fireworks tonight!

Love always,
Coral

No comments:

Post a Comment